Job outlook Cashier in Northwest Region
Job opportunities for Cashiers (NOC 6611) are fair in Northwest Region over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a cashier.
Job opportunities in Northwest Region
The employment outlook will be fair for Cashiers (NOC 6611) in the Northwest region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities may vary depending on the time of the year.
Most of the work opportunities will be in Thunder Bay, the region's largest population centre. Due to vast distances between cities and townships daily commuting to work from one town to another may not be an option for many people, limiting employment opportunities to those available in their immediate area.
Here are some key facts about Cashiers in the Northwest region:
- Approximately 2,240 people work in this occupation.
- Cashiers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 75%
- Accommodation and food services (NAICS 72): 18%
Job opportunities in Ontario
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Cashiers (NOC 6611) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: