Job prospects Cashier in the Northeast Region
Explore current and future job prospects for Cashiers in the Northeast Region. These trends also apply to people working as a cashier.
We were not able to determine labour market conditions in this region over the past few years because of low employment levels in this occupational group.
The employment outlook will be fair for Cashiers (NOC 6611) in the Northeast region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities may vary depending on the time of the year.
Individuals who are fluent in English and French will have improved employment prospects. Tourism activities such as hunting and fishing are significant in this region and may lead to increased need for cashiers in the summer months.
Here are some key facts about Cashiers in the Northeast region:
- Approximately 5,370 people work in this occupation.
- Cashiers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 83%
- Accommodation and food services (NAICS 72): 12%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: