Job outlook Cashier in Newfoundland and Labrador
Job opportunities for Cashiers (NOC 6611) are limited in Newfoundland and Labrador over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a cashier.
Job opportunities in Newfoundland and Labrador
The employment outlook will be limited for Cashiers (NOC 6611) in Newfoundland and Labrador for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of a few positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Cashiers in the Newfoundland and Labrador region:
- Approximately 7,950 people work in this occupation.
- Cashiers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Other retail stores (NAICS 44-45, except 445): 43%
- Food and beverage stores (NAICS 445): 32%
- Food services and drinking places (NAICS 722): 20%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 45% compared to 84% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 55% compared to 16% for all occupations
- 46% of cashiers work all year, while 54% work only part of the year, compared to 56% and 44% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 23 weeks compared to 26 weeks for all occupations.
- Less than 5% of cashiers are self-employed compared to an average of 6% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Newfoundland and Labrador by economic region.
|Avalon Peninsula Region||Fair|
|Notre Dame-Central-Bonavista Bay Region||Limited|
|South Coast–Burin Peninsula Region||Limited|
|West Coast–Northern Peninsula–Labrador Region||Limited|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Cashiers (NOC 6611) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: