Job outlook Cashier near Vancouver (BC)
Job opportunities for Cashiers (NOC 6611) are fair near Vancouver (BC) over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a cashier.
Job opportunities near Vancouver (BC)
The employment outlook will be fair for Cashiers (NOC 6611) in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Cashiers in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region:
- Approximately 26,860 people work in this occupation.
- Cashiers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 72%
- Accommodation and food services (NAICS 72): 17%
Job opportunities in British Columbia
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Cashiers (NOC 6611) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: