Job outlook Cashier near St. John's (NL)
The job outlook for a cashier working near St. John's (NL) is fair over the next 3 years. This outlook is applicable to all Cashiers (NOC 6611).
Job opportunities near St. John's (NL)
The employment outlook will be fair for Cashiers (NOC 6611) in the Avalon Peninsula region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment is expected to remain relatively stable.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Cashiers in the Avalon Peninsula region:
- Approximately 4,010 people work in this occupation.
- Cashiers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 73%
- Food services and drinking places (NAICS 722): 22%
Job opportunities in Newfoundland and Labrador
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Cashiers (NOC 6611) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: