Job prospects Hand Sprayer - Greenhouse in Alberta
Job opportunities for Nursery and greenhouse workers (NOC 8432) are fair in Alberta over the next 3 years. These job prospects are also applicable to people working as a hand sprayer - greenhouse.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Job opportunities in Alberta
The employment outlook will be fair for Nursery and greenhouse workers (NOC 8432) in Alberta for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Nursery and greenhouse workers in the Alberta region:
- Approximately 2,500 people work in this occupation.
- Nursery and greenhouse workers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Agriculture (NAICS 111, 112, 1151, 1152): 82%
- 6% of nursery and greenhouse workers are self-employed compared to an average of 12% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Alberta by economic region.
|Athabasca–Grande Prairie–Peace River Region||Fair Fair|
|Banff–Jasper–Rocky Mountain House Region||Fair Fair|
|Calgary Region||Fair Fair|
|Camrose–Drumheller Region||Fair Fair|
|Edmonton Region||Fair Fair|
|Lethbridge–Medicine Hat Region||Fair Fair|
|Red Deer Region||Fair Fair|
|Wood Buffalo–Cold Lake Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
To view this data on a map, go to: LMI Explore
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
We expect that there will be a labour SURPLUS for Nursery and greenhouse workers (NOC 8432) in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: