Job outlook Hand Sprayer - Greenhouse near Hamilton (ON)
Job opportunities for Nursery and greenhouse workers (NOC 8432) are good near Hamilton (ON) over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a hand sprayer - greenhouse.
Job opportunities near Hamilton (ON)
The employment outlook will be good for Nursery and greenhouse workers (NOC 8432) in the Hamilton - Niagara Peninsula region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a few new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities may vary depending on the time of the year.
The Hamilton–Niagara Peninsula region forms part of the agricultural heartland in southern Ontario and accounts for about 28.0% of all greenhouses, nurseries, and floriculture producers in the province. This economic region had the largest agricultural workforce and the highest concentration of these workers in Ontario. Most of the greenhouses, nurseries, and floriculture operations are in the Niagara, Haldimand-Norfolk and Hamilton areas. Niagara has the greatest number of these establishments as the top floriculture, and nursery and tree producer in the province. Niagara also saw an increase in greenhouse crop production between 2011 and 2016. The nursery and tree, and floriculture industry is rather dominant in the Haldimand-Norfolk and Hamilton areas as well. In addition, the nursery and tree production industry showed solid growth in Brant between 2011 and 2016. This region will likely remain one of the key areas for greenhouses, nurseries, and floriculture production with several announcements to build and expand facilities across the area.
Here are some key facts about Nursery and greenhouse workers in the Hamilton - Niagara Peninsula region:
- Approximately 2,630 people work in this occupation.
- Nursery and greenhouse workers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Agriculture (NAICS 111, 112, 1151, 1152): 82%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 7%
- Management and Administrative Services (NAICS 55-56): 5%
Job opportunities in Ontario
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Nursery and greenhouse workers (NOC 8432) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: