Job prospects Hand Sprayer - Greenhouse near Windsor (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for Nursery and greenhouse workers near Windsor (ON). These trends also apply to people working as a hand sprayer - greenhouse.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was good over the past few years (2019-2021). There were more job openings than workers available to fill them.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be good for Nursery and greenhouse workers (NOC 8432) in the Windsor - Sarnia region for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment is expected to remain relatively stable.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Most of the greenhouses, nurseries, and floriculture producers in the region are in Essex with a smaller number in Chatham-Kent.
Here are some key facts about Nursery and greenhouse workers in the Windsor - Sarnia region:
- Approximately 1,860 people work in this occupation.
- Nursery and greenhouse workers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Agriculture (NAICS 111, 112, 1151, 1152): 82%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 7%
To view this data on a map, go to: LMI Explore
Labour market conditions over the next 10 yearsExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: