Job prospects Hand Sprayer - Greenhouse near Edmundston (NB)
Explore current and future job prospects for Nursery and greenhouse workers near Edmundston (NB). These trends also apply to people working as a hand sprayer - greenhouse.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was good over the past few years (2018-2020). There were more job openings than workers available to fill them.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be limited for Nursery and greenhouse workers (NOC 8432) in the Edmundston - Woodstock region for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of some positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities tend to be more favourable during the summer months.
Here are some key facts about Nursery and greenhouse workers in the Edmundston - Woodstock region:
- Approximately 300 people work in this occupation.
- Nursery and greenhouse workers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Agriculture (NAICS 111, 112, 1151, 1152): 71%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 16%
- Forestry and logging (NAICS 113, 1153): 13%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Labour market conditions over the next 10 yearsExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: