Job outlook Social Worker near Thunder Bay (ON)
Job opportunities for Social workers (NOC 4152) are fair near Thunder Bay (ON) over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a social worker.
Job opportunities near Thunder Bay (ON)
The employment outlook will be fair for Social workers (NOC 4152) in the Northwest region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Investments in Indigenous communities across Northern Ontario, including support for mental health services on and off reserve in an effort to improve healthcare services, may lead to additional opportunities for social workers.
Here are some key facts about Social workers in the Northwest region:
- Approximately 830 people work in this occupation.
- Social workers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Nursing and residential care facilities and social assistance (NAICS 623-624): 65%
- Ambulatory health care services and hospitals (NAICS 621-622): 23%
Job opportunities in Ontario
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Social workers (NOC 4152) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: