Job outlook EDP (electronic Data Processing) Applications Programmer near Toronto (ON)
Job opportunities for Computer programmers and interactive media developers (NOC 2174) are good near Toronto (ON) over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as an EDP (electronic data processing) applications programmer.
Job opportunities near Toronto (ON)
The employment outlook will be good for Computer programmers and interactive media developers (NOC 2174) in the Toronto region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
The City of Toronto has the largest technology cluster in Ontario. The Toronto economic region accounts for an above-average share of the workforce of this occupational group, as well as of software publishers, and computer systems design firms. Ontario's interactive digital media companies have a strong presence in Toronto. The region also continues to attract large investments in technology operations, and the planned opening of a film and television production hub should add prospects especially for interactive media developers.
Toronto is a centre for Ontario's financial services, and the sector should be a key source of employment, as well as the digital laboratories supporting changes in the services. Generally, technology companies in this region are main recipients of private venture capital funding in the province and this should support start-up companies in this occupational group.
Here are some key facts about Computer programmers and interactive media developers in the Toronto region:
- Approximately 44,540 people work in this occupation.
- Computer programmers and interactive media developers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 52%
- Finance, insurance and Real estate and rental and leasing (NAICS 52-53): 16%
- Information, cultural, arts, entertainment and recreation services (NAICS 51, 71): 11%
Job opportunities in Ontario
Labour market conditions across Canada
- Date modified: