Job prospects Information Systems Quality Assurance Analyst in Saskatchewan
Job opportunities for Information systems analysts and consultants (NOC 2171) are good in Saskatchewan over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as an information systems quality assurance analyst.
Job opportunities in Saskatchewan
The employment outlook will be good for Information systems analysts and consultants (NOC 2171) in Saskatchewan for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Information systems analysts and consultants in the Saskatchewan region:
- Approximately 3,500 people work in this occupation.
- Information systems analysts and consultants mainly work in the following sectors:
- Computer systems design services (NAICS 5415): 29%
- Information and cultural industries (NAICS 51): 11%
- Insurance Carriers and related activities (NAICS 524, 526): 6%
- Provincial and territorial public administration (NAICS 912): 6%
- Hospitals (NAICS 622): 5%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: more than 95% compared to 81% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: less than 5% compared to 19% for all occupations
- 78% of information systems analysts and consultants work all year, while 22% work only part of the year, compared to 62% and 38% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 35 weeks compared to 32 weeks for all occupations.
- 9% of information systems analysts and consultants are self-employed compared to an average of 14% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Saskatchewan by economic region.
|Northern Region||Good Good|
|Prince Albert Region||Good Good|
|Regina–Moose Mountain Region||Good Good|
|Saskatoon–Biggar Region||Good Good|
|Swift Current–Moose Jaw Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Yorkton–Melville Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that there will be a labour SHORTAGE for Information systems analysts and consultants (NOC 2171) in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: