Job prospects Information Systems Quality Assurance Analyst in British Columbia
Job opportunities for Information systems analysts and consultants (NOC 2171) are good in British Columbia over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as an information systems quality assurance analyst.
Job opportunities in British Columbia
The employment outlook will be good for Information systems analysts and consultants (NOC 2171) in British Columbia for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Information systems analysts and consultants in the British Columbia region:
- Approximately 17,150 people work in this occupation.
- Information systems analysts and consultants mainly work in the following sectors:
- Computer systems design services (NAICS 5415): 35%
- Information and cultural industries (NAICS 51): 8%
- Other professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 5414, 5416-5419): 7%
- Monetary Authorities - central bank and securities, commodity contracts and other intermediation and related activities (NAICS 521, 522, 523): 5%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 93% compared to 77% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 7% compared to 23% for all occupations
- 71% of information systems analysts and consultants work all year, while 29% work only part of the year, compared to 57% and 43% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 35 weeks compared to 32 weeks for all occupations.
- 16% of information systems analysts and consultants are self-employed compared to an average of 14% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in British Columbia by economic region.
|Cariboo Region||Good Good|
|Kootenay Region||Good Good|
|Lower Mainland–Southwest Region||Good Good|
|Nechako Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|North Coast Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Northeast Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Thompson–Okanagan Region||Good Good|
|Vancouver Island and Coast Region||Good Good|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that there will be a labour SHORTAGE for Information systems analysts and consultants (NOC 2171) in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: