Job prospects Information Systems Quality Assurance Analyst in Alberta
Job opportunities for Information systems analysts and consultants (NOC 2171) are fair in Alberta over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as an information systems quality assurance analyst.
Job opportunities in Alberta
The employment outlook will be fair for Information systems analysts and consultants (NOC 2171) in Alberta for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a few new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Information systems analysts and consultants in the Alberta region:
- Approximately 20,800 people work in this occupation.
- Information systems analysts and consultants mainly work in the following sectors:
- Computer systems design services (NAICS 5415): 34%
- Oil and gas extraction (NAICS 211): 6%
- Provincial and territorial public administration (NAICS 912): 5%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: more than 95% compared to 81% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: less than 5% compared to 19% for all occupations
- 72% of information systems analysts and consultants work all year, while 28% work only part of the year, compared to 59% and 41% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 36 weeks compared to 32 weeks for all occupations.
- 14% of information systems analysts and consultants are self-employed compared to an average of 12% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Alberta by economic region.
|Athabasca–Grande Prairie–Peace River Region||Fair Fair|
|Banff–Jasper–Rocky Mountain House Region||Fair Fair|
|Calgary Region||Fair Fair|
|Camrose–Drumheller Region||Fair Fair|
|Edmonton Region||Fair Fair|
|Lethbridge–Medicine Hat Region||Fair Fair|
|Red Deer Region||Fair Fair|
|Wood Buffalo–Cold Lake Region||Fair Fair|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that there will be a labour SHORTAGE for Information systems analysts and consultants (NOC 2171) in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: