Job prospects Baker in Québec
Job opportunities for Bakers (NOC 6332) are fair in Québec over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a baker.
Job opportunities in Québec
The employment outlook will be fair for Bakers (NOC 6332) in Québec for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of some positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Bakers in Québec:
- Approximately 5,750 people work in this occupation.
- Bakers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Food, beverage and tobacco product manufacturing (NAICS 311, 312): 35%
- Food and beverage stores (NAICS 445): 35%
- Food services and drinking places (NAICS 722): 20%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 69% compared to 80% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 31% compared to 20% for all occupations
- 59% of bakers work all year, while 41% work only part of the year, compared to 58% and 42% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 30 weeks compared to 33 weeks for all occupations.
- 11% of bakers are self-employed compared to an average of 12% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Québec by economic region.
|Abitibi-Témiscamingue Region||Fair Fair|
|Bas-Saint-Laurent Region||Fair Fair|
|Capitale-Nationale Region||Fair Fair|
|Centre-du-Québec Region||Fair Fair|
|Chaudière-Appalaches Region||Fair Fair|
|Côte-Nord Region||Fair Fair|
|Estrie Region||Fair Fair|
|Gaspésie–Îles-de-la-Madeleine Region||Fair Fair|
|Lanaudière Region||Fair Fair|
|Laurentides Region||Fair Fair|
|Laval Region||Fair Fair|
|Mauricie Region||Fair Fair|
|Montréal Region||Fair Fair|
|Montérégie Region||Fair Fair|
|Nord-du-Québec Region||Fair Fair|
|Outaouais Region||Fair Fair|
|Saguenay–Lac-Saint-Jean Region||Fair Fair|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Bakers (NOC 6332) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: