Job prospects Baker in British Columbia
Job opportunities for Bakers (NOC 6332) are fair in British Columbia over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a baker.
Job opportunities in British Columbia
The employment outlook will be fair for Bakers (NOC 6332) in British Columbia for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Bakers in the British Columbia region:
- Approximately 5,500 people work in this occupation.
- Bakers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Food, beverage and tobacco product manufacturing (NAICS 311, 312): 37%
- Food and beverage stores (NAICS 445): 32%
- Food services and drinking places (NAICS 722): 21%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 76% compared to 77% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 24% compared to 23% for all occupations
- 55% of bakers work all year, while 45% work only part of the year, compared to 57% and 43% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 33 weeks compared to 32 weeks for all occupations.
- 9% of bakers are self-employed compared to an average of 14% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in British Columbia by economic region.
|Cariboo Region||Fair Fair|
|Kootenay Region||Fair Fair|
|Lower Mainland–Southwest Region||Fair Fair|
|Nechako Region||Fair Fair|
|North Coast Region||Fair Fair|
|Northeast Region||Fair Fair|
|Thompson–Okanagan Region||Fair Fair|
|Vancouver Island and Coast Region||Fair Fair|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Bakers (NOC 6332) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: