Job outlook Baker near Toronto (ON)
Job opportunities for Bakers (NOC 6332) are good near Toronto (ON) over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a baker.
Job opportunities near Toronto (ON)
The employment outlook will be good for Bakers (NOC 6332) in the Toronto region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
This economic region has a higher concentration of baking manufacturers and employs the greatest percentage of bakers in the sector provincially.
As large food manufacturing facilities are moving away from the downtown core, smaller micro-bakeries have been stepping in and creating opportunities for specialized bakers. Given the cultural diversity in Toronto's population, bakers with experience preparing ethnic baked goods will have improved job prospects.
Here are some key facts about Bakers in the Toronto region:
- Approximately 7,040 people work in this occupation.
- Bakers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Food, beverage and tobacco product manufacturing (NAICS 311, 312): 42%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 27%
- Accommodation and food services (NAICS 72): 26%
Job opportunities in Ontario
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Bakers (NOC 6332) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: