Job outlook Logging Machinery Operator in Newfoundland and Labrador
Job opportunities for Logging machinery operators (NOC 8241) are fair in Newfoundland and Labrador over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a logging machinery operator.
Job opportunities in Newfoundland and Labrador
The employment outlook will be fair for Logging machinery operators (NOC 8241) in Newfoundland and Labrador for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment is expected to remain relatively stable.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities may vary depending on the time of the year.
Here are some key facts about Logging machinery operators in the Newfoundland and Labrador region:
- Approximately 50 people worked in this occupation in May 2015.
- Logging machinery operators mainly work in the following sectors:
- Forestry and logging (NAICS 113, 1153): 83%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 8%
- Other retail stores (NAICS 44-45, except 445): 8%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 90% compared to 84% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 10% compared to 16% for all occupations
- 33% of logging machinery operators work all year, while 67% work only part of the year, compared to 56% and 44% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 31 weeks compared to 26 weeks for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Newfoundland and Labrador by economic region.
|Avalon Peninsula Region||Undetermined|
|Notre Dame-Central-Bonavista Bay Region||Fair|
|South Coast–Burin Peninsula Region||Fair|
|West Coast–Northern Peninsula–Labrador Region||Fair|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Logging machinery operators (NOC 8241) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: