Job prospects Courier Service Driver near Edmonton (AB)
Explore current and future job prospects for Delivery and courier service drivers near Edmonton (AB). These trends also apply to people working as a courier service driver.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be fair for Delivery and courier service drivers (NOC 7514) in the Edmonton region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment is expected to remain relatively stable.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Delivery and courier service drivers in the Edmonton region:
- Approximately 3,360 people work in this occupation.
- Delivery and courier service drivers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Transportation and warehousing (NAICS 48-49): 37%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 18%
- Accommodation and food services (NAICS 72): 11%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 9%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: