Job outlook Transportation Manager near Toronto (ON)
Job opportunities for Managers in transportation (NOC 0731) are fair near Toronto (ON) over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a transportation manager.
Job opportunities near Toronto (ON)
The employment outlook will be fair for Managers in transportation (NOC 0731) in the Toronto region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a few new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Over half of all employment for this occupation in the Toronto economic region was in transportation and warehousing industry, likely due to the strong concentration of regional/national wholesale distribution operations, Pearson International Airport, and the major 400-series highway arteries located in this area. Given the high density of warehouses, transportation companies, wholesale and manufacturing operations in Toronto, job openings should remain stable in the region.
Here are some key facts about Managers in transportation in the Toronto region:
- Approximately 4,750 people work in this occupation.
- Managers in transportation mainly work in the following sectors:
- Transportation and warehousing (NAICS 48-49): 74%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 6%
Job opportunities in Ontario
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Managers in transportation (NOC 0731) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: