Job prospects Garment Repair Seamstress near Terrebonne (QC)
Explore current and future job prospects for Tailors, dressmakers, furriers and milliners near Terrebonne (QC). These trends also apply to people working as a garment repair seamstress.
We were not able to determine labour market conditions in this region over the past few years because of low employment levels in this occupational group.
The employment outlook will be fair for Tailors, dressmakers, furriers and milliners (NOC 6342) in the Lanaudière region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Tailors, dressmakers, furriers and milliners in the Lanaudière region:
- Approximately 230 people work in this occupation.
- Tailors, dressmakers, furriers and milliners mainly work in the following sectors:
- Other services (except public administration) (NAICS 81): 70%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 10%
- Miscellaneous manufacturing (NAICS 339): 7%
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 6%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: