Job prospects Drywall Installer And Finisher Apprentice near Edmonton (AB)
Explore current and future job prospects for Plasterers, drywall installers and finishers and lathers near Edmonton (AB). These trends also apply to people working as a drywall installer and finisher apprentice.
Large labour surplus
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was very poor over the past few years (2016-2018). There were far more workers available than job openings.
The employment outlook will be limited for Plasterers, drywall installers and finishers and lathers (NOC 7284) in the Edmonton region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of some positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Plasterers, drywall installers and finishers and lathers in the Edmonton region:
- Approximately 2,290 people work in this occupation.
- Plasterers, drywall installers and finishers and lathers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Construction (NAICS 23): 94%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: