Job prospects Arts And Crafts Leader - Sports And Recreation near Toronto (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for Program leaders and instructors in recreation, sport and fitness near Toronto (ON). These trends also apply to people working as an arts and crafts leader - sports and recreation.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be good for Program leaders and instructors in recreation, sport and fitness (NOC 5254) in the Toronto region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
The region's large and growing population should support job prospects in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Program leaders and instructors in recreation, sport and fitness in the Toronto region:
- Approximately 27,500 people work in this occupation.
- Program leaders and instructors in recreation, sport and fitness mainly work in the following sectors:
- Information, cultural, arts, entertainment and recreation services (NAICS 51, 71): 41%
- Educational services (NAICS 61): 23%
- Local, municipal, regional, aboriginal and other public administration (NAICS 913-919): 16%
- Other services (except public administration) (NAICS 81): 6%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: