Job prospects Graphics Technician near Toronto (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for Graphic arts technicians near Toronto (ON). These trends also apply to people working as a graphics technician.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be fair for Graphic arts technicians (NOC 5223) in the Toronto region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
Toronto accounts for a disproportionate share of 6-in-10 of Ontario's workforce in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Graphic arts technicians in the Toronto region:
- Approximately 1,020 people worked in this occupation in May 2015.
- Graphic arts technicians mainly work in the following sectors:
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 40%
- Information, cultural, arts, entertainment and recreation services (NAICS 51, 71): 29%
- Printing and related support activities (NAICS 323): 7%
- Miscellaneous manufacturing (NAICS 339): 5%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
- Date modified: