Job prospects Standards Writer near Calgary (AB)
Explore current and future job prospects for Authors and writers near Calgary (AB). These trends also apply to people working as a standards writer.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be fair for Authors and writers (NOC 5121) in the Calgary region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Authors and writers in the Calgary region:
- Approximately 1,120 people work in this occupation.
- Authors and writers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Information, cultural, arts, entertainment and recreation services (NAICS 51, 71): 50%
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 25%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: