Job prospects Construction Electrician Apprentice near Vancouver (BC)
Explore current and future job prospects for Electricians (except industrial and power system) near Vancouver (BC). These trends also apply to people working as a construction electrician apprentice.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be fair for Electricians (except industrial and power system) (NOC 7241) in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Electricians (except industrial and power system) in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region:
- Approximately 9,110 people work in this occupation.
- Electricians (except industrial and power system) mainly work in the following sectors:
- Construction (NAICS 23): 89%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: