Job prospects Fast Food Restaurant Manager in the Kootenay Region
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Restaurant and food service managers" in the Kootenay Region or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note: These outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be good for Restaurant and food service managers (NOC 0631) in the Kootenay region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- Strong growth in food services is supported by the removal of pandemic-related restrictions.
- Demand for workers is expected to exceed supply in the near term.
Here are some key facts about Restaurant and food service managers in the Kootenay region:
- Approximately 730 people worked in this occupation in May 2016.
- Restaurant and food service managers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Accommodation and food services (NAICS 72): 85%
- Information, cultural, arts, entertainment and recreation services (NAICS 51, 71): 5%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Restaurant and food service managers across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: