Job prospects Fast Food Restaurant Manager in Alberta
Job opportunities for Restaurant and food service managers (NOC 0631) are fair in Alberta over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a fast food restaurant manager.
Job opportunities in Alberta
The employment outlook will be fair for Restaurant and food service managers (NOC 0631) in Alberta for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment is expected to remain relatively stable.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Restaurant and food service managers in the Alberta region:
- Approximately 13,650 people work in this occupation.
- Restaurant and food service managers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Food services and drinking places (NAICS 722): 94%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 93% compared to 81% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 7% compared to 19% for all occupations
- 69% of restaurant and food service managers work all year, while 31% work only part of the year, compared to 59% and 41% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 37 weeks compared to 32 weeks for all occupations.
- 29% of restaurant and food service managers are self-employed compared to an average of 12% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Alberta by economic region.
|Athabasca–Grande Prairie–Peace River Region||Fair Fair|
|Banff–Jasper–Rocky Mountain House Region||Fair Fair|
|Calgary Region||Fair Fair|
|Camrose–Drumheller Region||Fair Fair|
|Edmonton Region||Fair Fair|
|Lethbridge–Medicine Hat Region||Fair Fair|
|Red Deer Region||Fair Fair|
|Wood Buffalo–Cold Lake Region||Fair Fair|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Restaurant and food service managers (NOC 0631) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: