Job prospects Fast Food Restaurant Manager near Saanich (BC)
Explore current and future job prospects for Restaurant and food service managers near Saanich (BC). These trends also apply to people working as a fast food restaurant manager.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2019-2021). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be fair for Restaurant and food service managers (NOC 0631) in the Vancouver Island and Coast region for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Restrictions on restaurant dining and concerns around COVID-19 transmission led to sharp revenue declines in British Columbia's restaurant segment. Recovery in this occupation will be linked with easing of restrictions.
Here are some key facts about Restaurant and food service managers in the Vancouver Island and Coast region:
- Approximately 2,520 people work in this occupation.
- Restaurant and food service managers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Accommodation and food services (NAICS 72): 89%
To view this data on a map, go to: LMI Explore
Labour market conditions over the next 10 yearsExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: