Job prospects Taxi Dispatcher in British Columbia
Job opportunities for Dispatchers (NOC 1525) are fair in British Columbia over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a taxi dispatcher.
Job opportunities in British Columbia
The employment outlook will be fair for Dispatchers (NOC 1525) in British Columbia for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Dispatchers in the British Columbia region:
- Approximately 4,550 people work in this occupation.
- Dispatchers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Truck transportation (NAICS 484): 20%
- Local, municipal, regional, aboriginal and other public administration (NAICS 913-919): 14%
- Other transportation and warehousing (NAICS 482-483, 486, 487, 493): 10%
- Transit and ground passenger transportation (NAICS 485): 9%
- Management and administrative services (NAICS 55, 56): 8%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 89% compared to 77% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 11% compared to 23% for all occupations
- 71% of dispatchers work all year, while 29% work only part of the year, compared to 57% and 43% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 34 weeks compared to 32 weeks for all occupations.
- 5% of dispatchers are self-employed compared to an average of 14% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in British Columbia by economic region.
|Cariboo Region||Limited Limited|
|Kootenay Region||Good Good|
|Lower Mainland–Southwest Region||Fair Fair|
|Nechako Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|North Coast Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Northeast Region||Fair Fair|
|Thompson–Okanagan Region||Fair Fair|
|Vancouver Island and Coast Region||Good Good|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Dispatchers (NOC 1525) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: