Job prospects Taxi Dispatcher in Alberta
Job opportunities for Dispatchers (NOC 1525) are fair in Alberta over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a taxi dispatcher.
Job opportunities in Alberta
The employment outlook will be fair for Dispatchers (NOC 1525) in Alberta for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a few new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Dispatchers in the Alberta region:
- Approximately 5,500 people work in this occupation.
- Dispatchers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Truck transportation (NAICS 484): 20%
- Local, municipal, regional, aboriginal and other public administration (NAICS 913-919): 13%
- Support activities for mining, oil and gas (NAICS 213): 7%
- Other transportation and warehousing (NAICS 482-483, 486, 487, 493): 7%
- Management and administrative services (NAICS 55, 56): 6%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 93% compared to 81% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 7% compared to 19% for all occupations
- 71% of dispatchers work all year, while 29% work only part of the year, compared to 59% and 41% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 33 weeks compared to 32 weeks for all occupations.
- Less than 5% of dispatchers are self-employed compared to an average of 12% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Alberta by economic region.
|Athabasca–Grande Prairie–Peace River Region||Fair Fair|
|Banff–Jasper–Rocky Mountain House Region||Fair Fair|
|Calgary Region||Fair Fair|
|Camrose–Drumheller Region||Fair Fair|
|Edmonton Region||Fair Fair|
|Lethbridge–Medicine Hat Region||Fair Fair|
|Red Deer Region||Fair Fair|
|Wood Buffalo–Cold Lake Region||Fair Fair|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Dispatchers (NOC 1525) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: