Job outlook Taxi Dispatcher near Vancouver (BC)
Job opportunities for Dispatchers (NOC 1525) are fair near Vancouver (BC) over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a taxi dispatcher.
Job opportunities near Vancouver (BC)
The employment outlook will be fair for Dispatchers (NOC 1525) in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Dispatchers in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region:
- Approximately 3,360 people work in this occupation.
- Dispatchers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Transportation and warehousing (NAICS 48-49): 49%
- Local, municipal, regional, aboriginal and other public administration (NAICS 913-919): 10%
- Management and Administrative Services (NAICS 55-56): 7%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 7%
- Ambulatory health care services and hospitals (NAICS 621-622): 5%
Job opportunities in British Columbia
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Dispatchers (NOC 1525) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: