Job prospects Taxi Dispatcher near Vancouver (BC)
Explore current and future job prospects for Dispatchers near Vancouver (BC). These trends also apply to people working as a taxi dispatcher.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be fair for Dispatchers (NOC 1525) in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Dispatchers in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region:
- Approximately 3,360 people work in this occupation.
- Dispatchers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Transportation and warehousing (NAICS 48-49): 49%
- Local, municipal, regional, aboriginal and other public administration (NAICS 913-919): 10%
- Management and Administrative Services (NAICS 55-56): 7%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 7%
- Ambulatory health care services and hospitals (NAICS 621-622): 5%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: