Job prospects Taxi Dispatcher near Edmonton (AB)
Explore current and future job prospects for Dispatchers near Edmonton (AB). These trends also apply to people working as a taxi dispatcher.
Note that the current 2019-2021 employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. We are working to update this information as soon as possible. In the meantime, visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation. You can also read our newly updated sectoral profiles to learn about recent developments for key economic sectors in your region.
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was good over the past few years (2016-2018). There were more job openings than workers available to fill them.
The employment outlook will be fair for Dispatchers (NOC 1525) in the Edmonton region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Dispatchers in the Edmonton region:
- Approximately 2,190 people work in this occupation.
- Dispatchers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Transportation and warehousing (NAICS 48-49): 42%
- Local, municipal, regional, aboriginal and other public administration (NAICS 913-919): 10%
- Management and Administrative Services (NAICS 55-56): 8%
- Federal government public administration (NAICS 911): 6%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: