Job prospects Taxi Dispatcher near Edmonton (AB)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Dispatchers" near Edmonton (AB) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note that these outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the NOC. Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2019-2021). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
Source Labour Market Information | Recent Trends Assessment Methodology
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be moderate for Dispatchers (NOC 1525) in the Edmonton region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Dispatchers in the Edmonton region:
- Approximately 1,780 people worked in this occupation in May 2016.
- Dispatchers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Transportation and warehousing (NAICS 48-49): 42%
- Local, municipal, regional, aboriginal and other public administration (NAICS 913-919): 10%
- Management and Administrative Services (NAICS 55-56): 8%
- Federal government public administration (NAICS 911): 6%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Dispatchers across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: