Job outlook Machining Tool Operator near Toronto (ON)
Job opportunities for Machining tool operators (NOC 9417) are fair near Toronto (ON) over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a machining tool operator.
Job opportunities near Toronto (ON)
The employment outlook will be fair for Machining tool operators (NOC 9417) in the Toronto region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Machining tool operators in the Toronto region:
- Approximately 1,820 people work in this occupation.
- Machining tool operators mainly work in the following sectors:
- Motor vehicle, body, trailer and parts manufacturing (NAICS 3361-3363): 26%
- Fabricated metal product manufacturing (NAICS 332): 19%
- Machinery manufacturing (NAICS 333): 16%
- Miscellaneous manufacturing (NAICS 339): 7%
Job opportunities in Ontario
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Machining tool operators (NOC 9417) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: