Job prospects Dairy Product Tester - Food And Beverage Processing near Vancouver (BC)
Explore current and future job prospects for Testers and graders, food and beverage processing near Vancouver (BC). These trends also apply to people working as a dairy product tester - food and beverage processing.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be fair for Testers and graders, food, beverage and associated products processing (NOC 9465) in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Testers and graders, food, beverage and associated products processing in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region:
- Approximately 320 people worked in this occupation in May 2015.
- Testers and graders, food, beverage and associated products processing mainly work in the following sectors:
- Food, beverage and tobacco product manufacturing (NAICS 311, 312): 71%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 12%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
- Date modified: