Job outlook Construction Technician - Civil Engineering near Longueuil (QC)
The job outlook for a construction technician - civil engineering working near Longueuil (QC) is fair over the next 3 years. This outlook is applicable to all Civil engineering technologists and technicians (NOC 2231).
Job opportunities near Longueuil (QC)
The employment outlook will be fair for Civil engineering technologists and technicians (NOC 2231) in the Montérégie region for the 2018-2020 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Civil engineering technologists and technicians in the Montérégie region:
- Approximately 1,290 people work in this occupation.
- Civil engineering technologists and technicians mainly work in the following sectors:
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 38%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 24%
- Local, municipal, regional, aboriginal and other public administration (NAICS 913-919): 8%
- Management and Administrative Services (NAICS 55-56): 5%
Job opportunities in Québec
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Civil engineering technologists and technicians (NOC 2231) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: