Job prospects Data Analyst - Informatics And Systems near Vancouver (BC)
Explore current and future job prospects for Database analysts and data administrators near Vancouver (BC). These trends also apply to people working as a data analyst - informatics and systems.
Note that the current 2019-2021 employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. We are working to update this information as soon as possible. In the meantime, visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation. You can also read our newly updated sectoral profiles to learn about recent developments for key economic sectors in your region.
We were not able to determine labour market conditions in this region over the past few years because of low employment levels in this occupational group.
The employment outlook will be good for Database analysts and data administrators (NOC 2172) in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Database analysts and data administrators in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region:
- Approximately 2,740 people work in this occupation.
- Database analysts and data administrators mainly work in the following sectors:
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 31%
- Information, cultural, arts, entertainment and recreation services (NAICS 51, 71): 15%
- Finance, insurance and Real estate and rental and leasing (NAICS 52-53): 9%
- Ambulatory health care services and hospitals (NAICS 621-622): 7%
- Educational services (NAICS 61): 5%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: