Job prospects Data Analyst - Informatics And Systems near Toronto (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for Database analysts and data administrators near Toronto (ON). These trends also apply to people working as a data analyst - informatics and systems.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be good for Database analysts and data administrators (NOC 2172) in the Toronto region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Toronto accounts for an above-average share of database analysts and data administrators relative to all occupations in the region. Financial institutions and information technology firms have a strong presence in this region. New investments and expanding operations by technology companies are expected to create additional employment opportunities over the forecast period.
Here are some key facts about Database analysts and data administrators in the Toronto region:
- Approximately 13,560 people work in this occupation.
- Database analysts and data administrators mainly work in the following sectors:
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 27%
- Finance, insurance and Real estate and rental and leasing (NAICS 52-53): 22%
- Information, cultural, arts, entertainment and recreation services (NAICS 51, 71): 10%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 5%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: