Job outlook Technical Services Electrical Engineer near Montréal (QC)
Job opportunities for Electrical and electronics engineers (NOC 2133) are fair near Montréal (QC) over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a technical services electrical engineer.
Job opportunities near Montréal (QC)
The employment outlook will be fair for Electrical and electronics engineers (NOC 2133) in the census metropolitan area of Montréal for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment is expected to remain relatively stable.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Electrical and electronics engineers in the census metropolitan area of Montréal:
- Approximately 4,790 people work in this occupation.
- Electrical and electronics engineers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 37%
- Computer and electronic product manufacturing (NAICS 334): 14%
- Utilities (NAICS 22): 11%
- Transportation equipment manufacturing (NAICS 336): 7%
- Information, cultural, arts, entertainment and recreation services (NAICS 51, 71): 6%
Job opportunities in Québec
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Electrical and electronics engineers (NOC 2133) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: