Job prospects Produce Manager - Retail near Calgary (AB)
Explore current and future job prospects for Retail and wholesale trade managers near Calgary (AB). These trends also apply to people working as a produce manager - retail.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be fair for Retail and wholesale trade managers (NOC 0621) in the Calgary region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of some positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
The production of recreational and medical cannabis, and associated product development has created demand for this occupation. In Alberta, the cannabis industry is concentrated in the areas of Edmonton, Calgary and Lethbridge-Medicine Hat. The recent legalization of edible cannabis products may lead to new job opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Retail and wholesale trade managers in the Calgary region:
- Approximately 14,430 people work in this occupation.
- Retail and wholesale trade managers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 78%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 18%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: