Job outlook Manager, Human Resources in Alberta
Job opportunities for Human resources managers (NOC 0112) are limited in Alberta over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a manager, human resources.
Job opportunities in Alberta
The employment outlook will be limited for Human resources managers (NOC 0112) in Alberta for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of a few positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Human resources managers in the Alberta region:
- Approximately 4,150 people work in this occupation.
- Human resources managers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Construction (NAICS 23): 11%
- Management and administrative services (NAICS 55, 56): 7%
- Support activities for mining, oil and gas (NAICS 213): 7%
- Oil and gas extraction (NAICS 211): 7%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: more than 95% compared to 81% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: less than 5% compared to 19% for all occupations
- 77% of human resources managers work all year, while 23% work only part of the year, compared to 59% and 41% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 37 weeks compared to 32 weeks for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Alberta by economic region.
|Athabasca–Grande Prairie–Peace River Region||Limited|
|Banff–Jasper–Rocky Mountain House Region||Limited|
|Lethbridge–Medicine Hat Region||Limited|
|Red Deer Region||Limited|
|Wood Buffalo–Cold Lake Region||Limited|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Human resources managers (NOC 0112) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: