Job prospects Food Counter Attendant near Ottawa (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for Food counter attendants, kitchen helpers and related support occupations near Ottawa (ON). These trends also apply to people working as a food counter attendant.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be fair for Food counter attendants, kitchen helpers and related support occupations (NOC 6711) in the Ottawa region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities tend to be more favourable during the summer months.
This region is home to many tourist attractions, such as the Parliament of Canada and national museums, while also serving as a popular conference destination. Employers in the region may prefer applicants who are bilingual in French and English.
Here are some key facts about Food counter attendants, kitchen helpers and related support occupations in the Ottawa region:
- Approximately 11,910 people work in this occupation.
- Food counter attendants, kitchen helpers and related support occupations mainly work in the following sectors:
- Accommodation and food services (NAICS 72): 77%
- Nursing and residential care facilities and social assistance (NAICS 623-624): 9%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: