Job prospects Roofer, Shingles in New Brunswick
Job opportunities for Roofers and shinglers (NOC 7291) are fair in New Brunswick over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a roofer, shingles.
Job opportunities in New Brunswick
The employment outlook will be fair for Roofers and shinglers (NOC 7291) in New Brunswick for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities tend to be more favourable during the summer months.
Here are some key facts about Roofers and shinglers in the New Brunswick region:
- Approximately 350 people worked in this occupation in May 2015.
- Roofers and shinglers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Construction (NAICS 23):more than 95%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: more than 95% compared to 83% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: less than 5% compared to 17% for all occupations
- 26% of roofers and shinglers work all year, while 74% work only part of the year, compared to 60% and 40% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 29 weeks compared to 29 weeks for all occupations.
- 13% of roofers and shinglers are self-employed compared to an average of 8% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in New Brunswick by economic region.
|Campbellton–Miramichi Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Edmundston–Woodstock Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Moncton–Richibucto Region||Fair Fair|
|Saint John–St. Stephen Region||Fair Fair|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that there will be a labour SURPLUS for Roofers and shinglers (NOC 7291) in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: