Job prospects Roofer, Shingles in Alberta
Job opportunities for Roofers and shinglers (NOC 7291) are fair in Alberta over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a roofer, shingles.
Job opportunities in Alberta
The employment outlook will be fair for Roofers and shinglers (NOC 7291) in Alberta for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a few new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities tend to be more favourable during the summer months.
Here are some key facts about Roofers and shinglers in the Alberta region:
- Approximately 2,950 people work in this occupation.
- Roofers and shinglers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Construction (NAICS 23): 42%
- Management and administrative services (NAICS 55, 56): 11%
- Food services and drinking places (NAICS 722): 5%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 88% compared to 81% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 12% compared to 19% for all occupations
- 46% of roofers and shinglers work all year, while 54% work only part of the year, compared to 59% and 41% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 31 weeks compared to 32 weeks for all occupations.
- 17% of roofers and shinglers are self-employed compared to an average of 12% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Alberta by economic region.
|Athabasca–Grande Prairie–Peace River Region||Fair Fair|
|Banff–Jasper–Rocky Mountain House Region||Fair Fair|
|Calgary Region||Fair Fair|
|Camrose–Drumheller Region||Fair Fair|
|Edmonton Region||Fair Fair|
|Lethbridge–Medicine Hat Region||Fair Fair|
|Red Deer Region||Fair Fair|
|Wood Buffalo–Cold Lake Region||Fair Fair|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that there will be a labour SURPLUS for Roofers and shinglers (NOC 7291) in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: