Job prospects Roofer, Shingles near London (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for Roofers and shinglers near London (ON). These trends also apply to people working as a roofer, shingles.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be fair for Roofers and shinglers (NOC 7291) in the London region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Over the forecast period, sizeable investments in public facilities and manufacturing plants will help support the regional construction industry. The residential market is expected to be rather steady in the near term led by gains in multi-unit starts for purpose-built rental properties. Positive migration and increased student enrollment will support the demand for rental units in downtown London with several new builds set to come online.
Here are some key facts about Roofers and shinglers in the London region:
- Approximately 470 people work in this occupation.
- Roofers and shinglers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Construction (NAICS 23): 28%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 13%
- Management and Administrative Services (NAICS 55-56): 12%
- Accommodation and food services (NAICS 72): 7%
- Motor vehicle, body, trailer and parts manufacturing (NAICS 3361-3363): 6%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: