Job outlook Roofer, Shingles near Vancouver (BC)
Job opportunities for Roofers and shinglers (NOC 7291) are fair near Vancouver (BC) over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a roofer, shingles.
Job opportunities near Vancouver (BC)
The employment outlook will be fair for Roofers and shinglers (NOC 7291) in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities tend to be more favourable during the summer months.
Here are some key facts about Roofers and shinglers in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region:
- Approximately 2,280 people work in this occupation.
- Roofers and shinglers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Construction (NAICS 23): 47%
- Management and Administrative Services (NAICS 55-56): 10%
- Transportation and warehousing (NAICS 48-49): 10%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 7%
Job opportunities in British Columbia
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that there will be a labour SURPLUS for Roofers and shinglers (NOC 7291) in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: