Job outlook Roofer, Shingles near Toronto (ON)
Job opportunities for Roofers and shinglers (NOC 7291) are fair near Toronto (ON) over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a roofer, shingles.
Job opportunities near Toronto (ON)
The employment outlook will be fair for Roofers and shinglers (NOC 7291) in the Toronto region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities tend to be more favourable during the summer months.
There are a large number of residential, commercial, and public infrastructure developments in progress in the Toronto area. Construction is underway on the Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital, the revitalization of the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, and on CIBC Square. There are also several transit projects in the works throughout the Greater Toronto Area including the Eglinton Crosstown Light Rail Transit line, the Finch West Light Rail Transit line and expansions to the GO Transit network. The number of housing starts may decline especially in the low-rise market. Building activity for high-rise dwellings such as condominiums will remain strong though as builders work to complete pre-sold units. This will keep the number of units under construction in the region at heightened levels.
Here are some key facts about Roofers and shinglers in the Toronto region:
- Approximately 2,940 people work in this occupation.
- Roofers and shinglers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Construction (NAICS 23): 38%
- Management and Administrative Services (NAICS 55-56): 15%
- Transportation and warehousing (NAICS 48-49): 12%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 6%
Job opportunities in Ontario
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that there will be a labour SURPLUS for Roofers and shinglers (NOC 7291) in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: