Job prospects Roofer, Shingles near Toronto (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for Roofers and shinglers near Toronto (ON). These trends also apply to people working as a roofer, shingles.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2019-2021). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be fair for Roofers and shinglers (NOC 7291) in the Toronto region for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
Here are some key facts about Roofers and shinglers in the Toronto region:
- Approximately 3,000 people work in this occupation.
- Roofers and shinglers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Construction (NAICS 23): 37%
- Management and Administrative Services (NAICS 55-56): 15%
- Transportation and warehousing (NAICS 48-49): 12%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 7%
To view this data on a map, go to: LMI Explore
Labour market conditions over the next 10 yearsExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: