Job outlook Roofer, Shingles near Kingston (ON)
Job opportunities for Roofers and shinglers (NOC 7291) are fair near Kingston (ON) over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a roofer, shingles.
Job opportunities near Kingston (ON)
The employment outlook will be fair for Roofers and shinglers (NOC 7291) in the Kingston - Pembroke region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Over the forecast period, sizeable investments in manufacturing, educational institutions and at military bases will help boost the regional construction industry. Canadian Nuclear Laboratories (CNL) is also in the midst of a significant expansion and upgrade of its facilities in Chalk River. CNL plans to start construction on its Advanced Nuclear Materials Research Centre worth $370M and build a logistics complex, a business hub, and a support facility, worth a combined $100M. Housing starts will likely fall in the near term with a drop in the single-detached market. Starts for more affordable multi-dwelling structures should still provide some work for roofers and shinglers.
Here are some key facts about Roofers and shinglers in the Kingston - Pembroke region:
- Approximately 290 people work in this occupation.
- Roofers and shinglers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Construction (NAICS 23): 41%
- Management and Administrative Services (NAICS 55-56): 18%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 9%
- Transportation and warehousing (NAICS 48-49): 6%
Job opportunities in Ontario
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that there will be a labour SURPLUS for Roofers and shinglers (NOC 7291) in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: